Here are some additional examples of poorly communicated facts or ideas.
From an AP story about child endangerment charges beign dropped against a Chicago area mother:
'Coyne has acknowledged that she did not tell the officers her child's name after she called her husband on her cell phone and he told her not to say anything until he arrived. She said she was afraid and only wanted to wait for her husband, but police arrested her before he did.'
So, did her husband come to arrest her? That is what the report says.
A cover story on a pediatrics publication :
'How to Prevent Cervical Cancer in Your Pediatrics Practice'.
While I believe all good pediatricians want to prevent cervical cancer in their practice (colleagues, employees, etc.) I believe the article was about preventing the malady in patients. And if you know what causes cervical cancer, the way to prevent it in 'Your Pediatrics Practice' is self-evident.
I don't think this site will ever compete with Jay Leno's 'Headlines', I will continue my personal crusade to improve our written and verbal communication skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment