Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Aging

Ashley made the comment on Shady's blog that I am getting old. I responded that in many ways, I still feel very young. I still skip the rope, run, do pull-ups and ride my bike, all in an effort to slow down the aging process. And I made some comment on Shady's blog about riding in the hills by our home. Well, I'm not that good at biking. When I ride the hills, I average only about 11 miles per hour.

It is true, aging is one of life's great equalizers. I don't want to admit it, but I am getting older. My left knee sounds like a ratchet wrench when I walk upstairs. My left leg always hurts and this makes it difficult to sleep on my left side. My right shoulder hurts enough to wake me up if I sleep on my right side. My lower back hurts if I sleep on my stomach, and if I sleep on my back, I snore and Mom the Bomb doesn't sleep.

But despite these minor inconveniences, Life is Good, and definitely worth living. And I will keep skipping the rope, running, riding, and enjoying the great journey that is My Life.

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

sorry you can't sleep! you still act like a young buck. when you're not sleeping.

Graytoppop said...

It seems I catch up on my sleep during Church meetings....