Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oscar's Heart Attack

The sales director at NextiraOne is Oscar Rojo. Oscar does his job very well, and he is a wonderful person. He and members of his sales team had worked long and hard on a $54 million dollar proposal, for which I needed to sign legal documents. The signing was last Sunday night. I went and signed the documents, about 700 pages in all. Since my cell phone was dead, Oscar could not locate me Sunday night. But I know he tried, since on Monday morning I had several missed calls and at least 1 message from Oscar.

So, on Monday morning I called Oscar.

'Oscar, you called me last night.'

'Yes Mr. Reed, I did.' (He jokingly calls me Mr. Reed all the time).

'What did you need?' I asked.

'I just want to make sure you went to sign the documents last night,' was his reply.

'What documents?', followed by at least 10 seconds of silence from Oscar.

Oscar didn't think I was very funny.........

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Poor Oscar. After he's been so nice to us.

And yes, I saw your humility post. Don't worry. You're still a great dad. You're a pretty gifted person to be able to put up with all this teasing.

Ashley Erin said...

i would have pooed my pants if i were oscar. and then i would have told you you are a mean, horrilbe, person