Sunday, September 11, 2011

Especially for My Sisters

This video is of my granddaughter Violet and a garden gnome. The gnome is a miner with the name FLOYD written across the front of the wheelbarrow.  My mom made the gnome for my dad, who was a miner.  I'm posting the video especially for my sisters.  Click here.

You'll notice that when I tell Violet that Floyd was my daddy, she starts to back away.  You don't see the perplexed look on her face as she backs away.  For a not-quite-two-year-old, whose world is all very literal, the idea that a little glass gnome may have been my father was just too much to comprehend.  I have since changed the message to Floyd was my daddy's name.  She understands that much better! 

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

ok that's funny. she is too cute.

Ashley Erin said...

that is adorable. i love vyvet.

Trulee said...

Uncle Mike - I remember that gnome! I had forgotten all about it until I saw it in the video. It was great to share the video with my children. And your granddaughter is an angel.

Graytoppop said...

I'm happy you can see it. The gnome is really the only thing I wanted from Mom and Dad's possessions. And Violet loves to call him Floyd!