Sunday, September 20, 2009

What Day is It? (Or boy, did I sleep well last night!)

Today is Sunday. On most Sundays, we wake up without an alarm, in plenty of time to get ready for Church. I also don't exercise on most Sundays.

This morning, I set the alarm for 6:30, so I would wake up in time to exercise for about 30 minutes. (I missed my bike ride yesterday). The alarm sounded, and I told MTB that she didn't need to get up yet. I got out of bed, put on my bike shorts, and went outside to ride my bike, using my resistance trainer.

When I finished, I entered the house, and heard the TV. MTB never turns on the TV on Sunday mornings. How unusual. I also noted that our computer was on. And MTB never turns on the computer on Sunday mornings. I then walked into the bedroom and noticed MTB in the bathroom, putting on make-up. Not unusual, except that she was wearing pants. She never wears pants on Sunday morning. She then proceeded to ask me why I didn't set the alarm for 5:50 a.m.(the hour that she wakes up on weekdays).

"Guerita, it's Sunday," say I.

"¿¿¿¡¡¡¡ SUNDAY !!!!??????," says she.
"I'm not going the the clinic today?"

She didn't remember the alarm going off at 6:30. She didn't remember that I told her the alarm was for me. After she awoke, she walked upstairs and glared out the window at me (giving me 'The Look') for not waking her up on time. (I didn't see her do this, but she told me she did give me 'The Look').

Wow, did she ever sleep well last night!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Mom is SO funny. How could we not love her?

Bexie Funk said...

mom really is funny. i would've loved to see that.